Friday, July 22, 2005

Signs of the times

"He looked absolutely petrified and then he sort of tripped, but they were hotly pursuing him, [they] couldn't have been any more than two or three feet behind him at this time and he half tripped and was half pushed to the floor and the policeman nearest to me had the black automatic pistol in his left hand.

"He held it down to the guy and unloaded five shots into him.

"I got into the ticket hall. I was approached by a policeman and London Underground staff asking me if I needed counselling."

2 comments:

ChrisB said...

Look I know gunning down terrorists (and lets hope he was a terrorist not just a slightly paranoid asian bloke) is good for morale but isn't there some virtue in you know interrogating the guy along the lines of where his mates hang out?

Questrist said...

Not sure that's the style of the SAS, of whom this has all the hallmarks (pace Gibralter).